Thursday, January 7, 2010

Notes from PG (as transcribed by The Lion)

'Allo! I'm PG. We just got off the storm and tomorrow is going to be my next day to school. I'm taking a variety of courses, all of them electives; and I've just got over a problem being so nervous about being back in school that I can finally actually have something to eat, which feels good. One of the big problems that I'm thinking about is our two dogs, Mushu, aka Lt. Lump, and Atrus, aka Mjr. Face. I'm concerned about them because we have to leave them alone so long while we are at college. One of the dogs is older and might make a mess in the house. The other one is a dork (*snerk*) who is laying under an ugly blanket that I bought from a friend's wife who worked at an auto repair shop just down the hill from where I worked as a gas station attendant. Yes, I have a degree in Electronic Engineering and I worked for seven years as a gas station attendant. That's what happens when you are 39 years old and have a 20 year old education.

I've done a lot of things in my life; I've been an accountant, I've been a carpenter, I created an ISP (Internet Service Provider), heck, I even learned how the net-pack even transmit through the router and all that stuff all by looking it up online. I was a programmer, worked in various languages, and I've had a computer since I was 11: back when you had to put a cartridge in the side of the computer to play a game. Right now I'm looking forward to petting the Lump and the Furball and going to bed, because I have to get up to go to school tomorrow. It used to scare me, but now that I've been there for a little while it's actually sort of familiar. Anyway, thanks for listening . . . PG.

No comments:

Post a Comment